Quality Pest Management Solutions For Atoka, TN
Atoka is a lovely town located within the beautiful state of Tennessee. Atoka provides our residents with many different neighborhoods, a safe place to raise a family, and easy access to our area's larger cities. Unfortunately, Atoka is also where Tennessee pests thrive, using our yards, homes, and businesses to their benefit.
At Mid South Pest & Termite, we want to provide all of Atoka's residents with effective and affordable residential and commercial pest control services in Tipton County. With over 55 years of experience, trust us with your home's pest control needs. To get started, contact us today and speak with one of our helpful professionals!
Home Pest Control In Atoka, TN
Every home in Atoka is different; at Mid South Pest & Termite, we know this and have put together a wide variety of pest control options. Our pest control options can be tailored to meet your property's exact needs, which is critical in eliminating pests from your home and keeping them out.
Our general pest control services always start with a thorough inspection and include monthly or quarterly services. Trust us to eliminate pests from your home and know that we will get the job done right; we guarantee it! If pests return between visits, we will also return to re-treat your home at no charge. Call us today to learn more about our general pest control services or our specialized services, which protect your home from pests like termites, brown recluse spiders, cockroaches, and more. We are excited to help you maintain a pest-free property!
Commercial Pest Control In Atoka, TN
Protect your Atoka business against damage from pests with the help of Mid South Pest & Termite. No matter what kind of pest problems you are up against, we have a solution! We offer our commercial customers preventative services, ongoing pest control solutions, or one-time services. We are dedicated to our customers and provide them with the inspections, services, and treatments necessary to get to the root of their pest problems.
Our professionals don't just put a band-aid on the problem; we provide comprehensive treatments to eliminate pests and prevent them from returning. Contact Mid South Pest & Termite and begin protecting your commercial property, employees, customers, and reputation from being damaged by pests!
Three Easy Tricks To Protect Your Atoka Property From Termites
Guarding your property against destructive termites is no easy task. They move through the ground, enter our homes without notice, and work for months or years unseen. However, you can protect your property against termites with the help of the professional termite control services at Mid South Pest & Termite and the following three easy prevention tips.
1. Termites have high moisture needs. Reduce excess moisture in and around your home by cleaning out clogged gutters, repairing leaky pipes, and using de-humidifiers.
2. Wood mulch is commonly used in flower beds that surround our homes. Mulch also happens to be very attractive to termites. The damp wood material is something they can't resist. Replace wood mulch with a rubber mulch or other non-wood gardening material.
3. Things like firewood, downed trees, tree stumps, and a lot of leaf litter attract termites. Remove as many of these things from your yard and keep them away from the exterior walls of your home. Doing so will make your property less attractive to termites.
To learn more about how our termite control services will protect your home from costly termite damage, give us a call today; we will be happy to provide you with the information you are looking for!
Tick Prevention Tips Every Atoka Homeowner Should Know
Ticks are regular visitors to our Atoka yards; they are blood-feeding pests that travel from place to place on the backs of their animal hosts. After feeding, they will fall from their host to the ground, where they will hang out until they are ready to feed again. When ready to eat, they will crawl to the top of vegetation and wait for a host to brush past them. Ticks can become a problem on any of our properties as wild animals are constantly introducing them, and our yards often provide suitable habitats for the developing ticks. Controlling ticks is difficult; we want to help make it less complicated by offering easy-to-execute prevention tips.
Trim back overgrown vegetation from the edges of your property. Doing so will allow the sun to hit the ground and dry out the areas making them less attractive to ticks.
Remove things from your property that attract tick-covered animals like rodents, such as pet food, food debris in outdoor eating areas, and bird feeders.
Keep your lawn cut short. Cut tall grass back away from walkways, steps, and fence lines.
Place a gravel barrier between your lawn and home, lawn and patio, or lawn and your kid's play equipment to create a barrier that will make it more difficult for ticks to reach those areas.
Keep leaves raked in your yard and remove piles of fallen leaves to reduce hiding spots for ticks and their animal hosts.
Keep unwanted, disease-spreading ticks at bay in your Atoka yard by implementing the above prevention tips and partnering with us at Mid South Pest & Termite. Reach out today to learn more about our tick control services.
How Do Bed Bugs Invade Atoka Homes?
Many times, Atoka homeowners will develop a bed bug infestation and not understand how it got there or where it is exactly. This is a very common dilemma. The unfortunate truth is that bed bugs thrive wherever they have access to people, especially ones they can feed off of. This makes hotels, public transportation, homes, medical facilities, and homes ground zero for these types of infestations. Anytime people come into contact with bed bugs, they can then become a host and spread bed bugs further. For example, if someone went to a movie theater that was unknowingly infested with bed bugs, they could then bring those pests into their home or their place of work.
It’s also possible that someone brought home a harmless-looking couch that was actually invaded with bed bugs and a population got a second chance. And another common mode of invasion comes from having neighbors with their own infestations, as bed bugs will spread once an infestation gets too crowded. For more information on bed bug control in Atoka, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
Atoka Homeowners Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches
Here are the top tips that Atoka homeowners need to avoid cockroaches:
- Make cleanliness important. These pests are scavengers that will eat almost anything and hide out almost anywhere. To get rid of potential food sources, take out trash often, carefully dispose of expired foods, and sweep up crumbs frequently. Getting rid of clutter is also key.
- Stay ahead of water issues. Cockroaches can’t live long without access to water, so this is one factor that will both attract them and keep them in a home. Look for leaks and moisture accumulation on a regular basis and address any issues that appear. This may entail using dehumidifiers and fixing drain systems.
- Practice proper food storage. It’s necessary to also eliminate any obvious food sources for cockroaches, so use containers with locking lids to store snacks, prepared meals, and baking materials.
- Know when to ask for help. When dealing with roaches, it’s never too early to ask for help. Consider working with a pest professional on cockroach prevention in Atoka.
For more information on year-round cockroach control, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
How To Keep Fleas Out Of Your Atoka Home
Keeping your Atoka home flea-free is one of the most important things you can do, especially if you have any pets. In order to limit your interactions with them, try these tips:
- Talk to a vet. Year-round flea control is considered a very effective way to protect your pets from fleas and keep them from bringing fleas into your home. Consider speaking with a vet about your options.
- Limit wildlife and rodents. These animals are also common hosts for fleas, so try to keep them away by storing outdoor trash bins securely, displaying decoy animals, and fixing outdoor water leaks.
- Invest in landscaping. Fleas look for stagnant water and dark places to hide like many other pests, so it’s important to clear away all yard clutter and turn over water regularly.
- Check yourself. It’s also possible to bring fleas home yourself after going on a hike, so inspect your personal belongings before returning home.
- Bring in the pros. By enlisting professional flea prevention from a pest expert, you’ll be able to keep fleas away and quickly eliminate any problems that arise.
For more information on trusted flea control for your home, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
Why Mosquitoes Will Soon Return To Atoka Yards
Mosquitoes may seem dormant at the moment, but they will soon be reappearing around Atoka’s yards. These pests are seasonal, which means that they will appear year after year. The conditions that mosquitoes thrive in most are humid and warm, which is why springtime in the area is ideal for them. These conditions usually last throughout the early days of fall, so residents can expect nearly half of their year to be peppered with mosquito problems. Additionally, these are seasons when many people spend more time outdoors, which is very enticing to mosquitoes. The female mosquito needs human blood to lay her eggs and the amount of people who are outside gives her access to just that. Some of the flowers that bloom during this time can also be partially responsible for attracting large populations of mosquitoes.
Because there is no avoiding mosquitoes, the best way to address them is with mosquito control in Atoka from Mid South Pest & Termite. Our company has been providing these services since 1964 and we are dedicated to our continued growth. We begin by providing you with an honest and upfront quote over the phone. If you accept our proposal, then we’ll start treating your property immediately. We use our backpack misting system to target treatments around your yard on a monthly basis between March and October, and we guarantee the results. For more information on our Atoka mosquito control treatments, call us today.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.