Bed bugs are some of the most feared pests among homeowners. They appear seemingly out of nowhere, can multiply without ever being seen, and pose definite health risks. Where some pests come after your food, and others come after your home, bed bugs consider you food, and want to share your home and bed. To make matters worse, bed bugs are a growing problem all over the country, especially in cities.
Mid South Pest & Termite knows what you're up against, and stands ready to meet all of your Memphis pest control needs. Contact us today to discover the many ways we can serve you!
How To Identify A Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs are small. The adults are only about the size of an apple seed, but the juveniles can be extremely small. Because of this, it can be very hard to detect a bed bug infestation early on.
Here are some tips to help you identify a bed bug infestation:
- You see blood spots in your bed: You don't stop bleeding immediately after a bed bug stops biting. This will often leave blood spots on your sheets.
- Connect the dots: Actually, connect the bed bug bites. If you start waking up with bites – especially on exposed skin areas – you may have bed bugs in your home.
- Check your bed: Basically, check your bed and everything around it. Bed bugs like to hide during the daytime, so you'll have to hunt for them under and behind things.
- Check other areas: Bed bugs also like to hide behind wall plates, along furniture seams, and also under carpeting that is next to baseboards.
- Understand the signs: Bed bug excrement looks like dark or rusty spots. Bed bugs have a strong smell. Bed bugs also leave egg shells and shed skins behind.
If you have a potential problem and are wondering how to get rid of bed bugs, let Mid South Pest & Termite be your solution. We are your bed bug treatment specialists! Contact us today to see how we can help you stop sharing your bed with bed bugs.
A Bed Bug Infestation Will Only Get Worse With Time
Let's face it, bed bugs are there for you. They need blood to survive, and yours will do just fine. A single female bed bug can lay hundreds of eggs over the course of her lifetime, and the better you feed her, the more eggs she will lay. Given the right conditions, a bed bug can reach maturity in as little as a month. While initial bed bug infestations generally start near sleeping areas, over time, bed bugs will get everywhere. They are capable of sneaking through cracks the thickness of a credit card, and they are very hardy.
Don't let a small bug problem turn into a big bug problem. Call Mid South Pest & Termite today to discuss how we can make your bed bug problem go away.
All The Ways Bed Bugs Sneak Their Way Into Our Homes
Where do bed bugs come from? Everywhere. One of the more unfortunate aspects of bed bugs is that they are excellent at traveling – into your home. They can't fly, but they are great hitchhikers. How do you get bed bugs? Unfortunately, you just have to be there for them. Bed bugs can be found in perfectly clean homes. They are not attracted to garbage. They want the good stuff – your blood.
Here are some of the ways that bed bugs make their way into your home:
- They can meet you at the hotel or motel and then come home with you.
- They can ride in on store purchases, especially if it is used stuff.
- They can ride in on you.
- They can ride in on your pets.
- They can walk in, especially if you live next to a condo or apartment with bed bugs.
Although there are many ways for bed bugs to come into your home, there is hope. Mid South Pest & Termite is that hope, and we love helping Memphis residents reclaim their homes from bed bugs.
The Most Effective Bed Bug Control Solution For Your Home
Unfortunately, bed bugs can be extremely resistant to basic pest control methods. Vacuuming, scrubbing, and cleaning may all be of benefit. Encasing mattresses and box springs in zippered covers can also help. But it only takes one female to begin the cycle all over again. This is why bed bugs have earned a reputation for being so difficult to get rid of. Bug poisons should be considered cautiously, because they will be administered in areas with high human traffic.
The absolutely best way to tackle bed bugs is to get help. Professional help will assist you in identifying how big your bed bug problem is, what needs to be done, and the safest, most effective treatments to use.
Mid South Pest & Termite is your Memphis bed bug control solution. Contact us today, so that you can finally rest well at night.