Prevent Mosquitoes From Taking Over Your Memphis Yard
May 15, 2022
There are many outdoor activities in Memphis that you wouldn't usually find in a big city. Just 20 minutes away from the heart of downtown Memphis is a state park. Residents and visitors are encouraged to hike or climb the hills and enjoy the great outdoors! But, people beware - when you enter the outside world, you're entering the mosquitoes' domain; without pest control in Memphis, they can make outdoor activities unbearable.
Mosquitoes In Memphis: What You Should Know
While mosquitoes are essential to our ecosystem, most people feel they are a plague put on this earth to irritate us. They bite us, make us itch, and carry deadly diseases. Their nuisance factor is off the charts!
Three characteristics of mosquitoes are as follows:
- They are small (1/8 to 3/8 inches long) and slender.
- Their bodies are generally black/grey.
- Only female mosquitoes bite; she needs blood to reproduce.
When a female bites, she uses tube-like mouthparts to puncture the skin of her victim and siphon out blood. The saliva she shoots into her victims causes you to itch. As if the intense itching weren't enough, she can also transmit diseases.
Some diseases associated with mosquitoes include:
- West Nile virus
Other conditions like Zika and malaria outbreaks usually occur when people get infected when traveling and bring the sickness back with them. With the threat of bites and illness, property owners would be wise to check their backyards for areas that invite mosquitoes to visit.
Three Natural Ways To Repel Mosquitoes
Most people don't realize that conditions in their yard may be the open invitation mosquitoes need to settle onto their property. Since mosquitoes need water to lay their eggs, properties are often a perfect incubator.
Three natural ways to keep mosquitoes away from your property include:
- Removing any yard debris that allows standing water (including flower pots, soda cans, tires, and buckets)
- Checking/repairing drains and gutters to make sure they are free-flowing.
- Dumping water from birdbaths and kiddie pools once a week.
Identifying areas around your property that hold standing water can be a challenge. The best way to get rid of mosquitoes in your yard is by using the pest professionals at Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC.
FAQ: Spraying For Mosquitoes In Memphis
The best way to control mosquitoes is by partnering with Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC. We use the best and most up-to-date technology to fight mosquitoes. You can receive a quote right over the phone, and when we arrive for your first appointment, we'll get straight to work.
Five facts about Mid South & Termite, LLC, mosquito spraying include:
- We have a new mosquito control formula that improves results.
- Technicians use a professional backpack misting machine to apply mosquito treatments.
- Treatments get applied to areas where adult mosquitoes relax during the daylight hours.
- Treatments target standing water sites that are frequent breeding areas.
- One-time treatments (perfect for special outdoor events) and monthly treatments are available from March through October.
Nobody wants mosquitoes ruining their time outdoors. With help from Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC, we can make outdoor fun, fun again by using an advanced formula and targeted mosquito treatments.
Control Mosquitoes The Easy Way With Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC
Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC is a leader in professional pest control, and our family-owned and operated company has been serving the Memphis area since 1964. Our eco-friendly home pest control products help keep mosquitoes out of your yard in a safe and environmentally friendly manner. Don't let mosquitoes ruin the party in your backyard; call in the professionals at Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC today.