Quality Pest Management Solutions For Horn Lake, MS
Horn Lake is a historical city in Mississippi, located south of Memphis, Tennessee. The city received its ironic name after an oxbow lake, that changed its course, left behind a stranded body of water that came to resemble a cow horn. Though the city has a rich history, it’s more notable for its history with Elvis and Priscilla Presley.
Outside of the city’s slight homage to the king of rock and roll, Horn Lake is a relatively quaint and quiet town where residents enjoy the small-town charm and sense of community. A stroll down any street in the area will make you feel like you’ve taken a trip down yesteryear. In Horn Lake, it’s pretty safe to say that the people may have come and gone, but the city's true essence remains.
Unfortunately, just as the city's essence remains, so do its pests. It’s not something that makes residents stay and love the city, but the pests certainly do come with it. Whether you’re a resident of Horn Lake or looking to relocate to Horn Lake, the pests native to the area aren’t going anywhere, and you need a pest professional you can call on and count on in your time of need and Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC is that company. We’re your trusted DeSoto county pest control company serving residents of the area since 1964.
To learn more about our residential and commercial services, call Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC today.
Home Pest Control In Horn Lake, MS
As a family-owned and operated business for over 55 years, we know and understand the importance of spending time with family. However, we also understand that pests can completely ruin time spent with family, and that reason is why protecting your family from invasive pests is our top priority. Here are a few reasons to choose us:
- A member of the Arkansas Pest Management Association
- Offer free pest control inspections and a pest-free guarantee
- Provide both residential and commercial pest control solutions
- Offer both one-time and ongoing treatment options
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- A member of the National Pest Management Association
- A member of the Mississippi Pest Management Association
- Pride ourselves on being environmentally friendly and using green pest control products whenever possible
- Perform thorough background checks and drug screenings for all employees before hiring them
At Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC, your family's safety is just as important to us as it is to you, and that’s why you can not only trust us, but it’s the sole reason we’ve been in business since 1964. To schedule your residential pest control services with us, call today!
Commercial Pest Control In Horn Lake, MS
As a business owner, you know to expect the unexpected. Employee turnover, budget cuts, and other situations require solutions. However, you’ll face some unexpected challenges that require immediate solutions and that challenge is pests in your business.
Having pests in your business threatens the health and safety of your employees and customers and the credibility of your business's reputation. The good news is that your friends at Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC are in the business of bugs and make protecting your business a top priority.
There is no job too big or too small for our commercial pest control services. Because every business faces unique pest pressures, we take the time to thoroughly inspect every business and create a custom commercial pest control treatment plan. Trust and believe we don’t craft cookie-cutter treatment methods; what might have worked for one business may not work for your business.
We service many different business types, so when it comes to quality pest control, the experience truly does matter. Call Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC to schedule your appointment with the best since 1964!
Do Ticks In Horn Lake Carry Lyme Disease?
There are several different species of ticks in Mississippi; however, here in Horn Lake, the most common species are the brown dog tick and the Rocky Mountain wood tick.
Here's how to tell them apart:
- Rocky Mountain Wood Tick: These ticks are brown in color but turn a grayish color after consuming a blood meal. Their preferred habitat is wooded areas. This tick is the primary vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever.
- Brown Dog Tick: Before a blood meal, these ticks are reddish-brown in color without any distinguishing markings found on their bodies. After feeding, they turn a gray-blue color. The preference of hosts for this tick is dogs. However, when given the opportunity they’ll also feed on people and other animals. This tick is a vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever but can transmit diseases to your dogs, such as canine ehrlichiosis and canine babesiosis.
The deer tick is the species that spread Lyme disease, and though you can find this species of ticks in Horn Lake, they’re typically in wooded areas but can make their way to the homes and manicured lawns of Horn Lake residents. Whenever you know you’re going out in nature, it’s essential to protect yourself by wearing protective clothing and repellant sprays.
If you have a tick problem in your yard, call Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC. We have the solution you need to protect against disease-carrying ticks.
How You Can Protect Your Pets In Horn Lake From Fleas This Summer
If you’re like most pet owners, your pets become family the moment they set foot in your home, and because of that, you treat them as such. Just as you go to the doctor, they go to the vet; just as you eat and drink water, so do they (you may even feed them around the exact times the family eats as well). With that, the same measures you take to protect your family against the threat of ticks, you need to take those measures with your pets.
Safeguarding your pets from fleas this summer isn’t a daunting task.
With a few simple efforts on your end, your pets will be flea-free in no time:
- Do not purchase used rugs and furniture for your home.
- Maintain shrubs and bushes to prevent them from overgrowing.
- Remove bird and other wild animal feeders from your property.
- Vacuum your home regularly.
- Treat all pets with a flea-preventative product under the guidance of their veterinarian.
- Inspect the clothing of yourself and your family members after spending time outside.
- Keep your grass cut short.
- Regularly wash pet bedding.
When your pets become family, these tasks aren’t too much to ask. For ultimate protection against fleas, you’ll want to call Mid South Pest & Termite, LLC in addition to these prevention methods.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.