Quality Pest Management Solutions For Munford, TN
Noted as one of the most affordable places to live in Tennessee, the small city of Munford offers its residents a sprawling setting that’s the perfect mix of rural and suburban. Only a mere matter of minutes from Memphis, Munford attracts families for the good schools and individuals who seek access to the big city with a quieter pace of daily life. Conditions in Munford tend to lean toward mild and comfortable, however, summers here can reach very high temperatures. Add in a dose of humidity, and there are ample opportunities for pests to invade your property. At Mid-South Pest & Termite, we’re the local pest experts, which means that we know how to stop pests in their tracks. Our expertly trained technicians use green products to provide our customers with results that are safe and reliable. And when you work with Mid-South Pest & Termite, you’ll have readily available customer support to suit your schedule. To learn more about our services and how you can benefit from them, contact us today.
Home Pest Control In Munford, TN
At Mid-South Pest & Termite, we seek to provide the homeowners of Munford with the highest quality home pest control services around. With more than 55 years of experience in the industry, you won’t find anyone more equipped to handle your problems, big or small. At Mid-South Pest & Termite, we will never force you into services that you don’t want, but we’ll be here with our comprehensive selection of offerings for whatever the situation calls for. In addition to general pest control, we provide specialized treatments for brown recluse spiders, bed bugs, termites, and more. All of our technicians are thoroughly vetted and highly trained to ensure that you are always receiving the best level of service. And with a commitment to using green products, you can rest assured that our treatments are safe for people, pets, and the environment. To schedule your free inspection, contact Mid-South Pest & Termite today!
Commercial Pest Control In Munford, TN
As a locally-owned business, we appreciate what it takes to run a business in the Munford area, which is why we’re committed to providing local businesses with the most reliable commercial pest control around. With more than 55 years of experience solving pest problems, big and small, we're the trusted neighborhood pest experts. At Mid-South Pest & Termite, we’ll never take a one-size-fits-all approach to your problems, because we know that no two businesses are alike. Rather, we customize a treatment and maintenance plan to your specific needs to ensure that all current pest activity is rectified and that new problems don’t crop up. To learn more about our green pest control services, contact us today.
Bed Bugs In Munford: Finding And Eliminating Them
Bed bugs are very common occurrences in cities like Munford, but with a few tips for understanding the signs and knowing how to prevent them, they don’t have to be a big problem. Here are a few ways that you can protect yourself from bed bugs:
- Inspect any secondhand items like kitchen appliances, furniture, and mattresses before bringing them into your home.
- After you’ve taken public transportation, or even gone to the grocery store or movies, inspect your belongings for bed bugs.
- If you’ve traveled, always store your worn clothing in an airtight bag and wash those items upon returning home.
- Look to limit wildlife and rodent populations around your property, as they are known spreaders of bed bugs and other parasites like fleas, ticks, and mites.
- Be familiar with the signs of bed bug activity so that you don’t let a problem fester. Those might include rust-colored stains on your sheets, a musky odor, pepper flake-like fecal matter, bed bugs themselves, and waking up covered in bites.
If you’ve developed a bed bug infestation on your Munford property, the safest thing you can do is contact the professionals at Mid-South Pest & Termite. We provide homeowners and businesses with bed bug control that lasts. Contact us today for more information.
Are These Ants Around My Munford Property Dangerous?
As Munford’s most frequently sighted nuisance pest, ants can seem like they're everywhere. Luckily, most of the species of ants you’re likely to encounter are not overtly dangerous; however, some do pose a health risk. The ants that you need to pay close attention to are:
- Pharaoh ants. Nearly translucent light brown in color, this type of ant is known for attacking the wood around your property, but they’ll also bite if they feel threatened. The Pharaoh ant is also responsible for the spread of streptococcus and salmonella.
- Carpenter ants. While the carpenter ant is not an overt health risk, they are considered dangerous because of the damage they can cause to properties. Though they don’t eat the wood around your property like a termite does, the end result of their damage is very similar, meaning structurally unsound properties.
- Red fire ants. Easily spotted because of their eponymous fiery red coloring, these nearly microscopic ants are attracted to oily and greasy foods, so look for them at outdoor gatherings. They sting as a group if they feel threatened.
- Pavement ants. As the name suggests, pavement ants are very commonly found outside in areas of pavement, specifically cracks in driveways and sidewalks. This is another type of ant that will sting if they feel harmed.
To ensure that everyone in and around your property is safe from the dangerous ants that may be lurking, contact Mid-South Pest & Termite today.
Just How Dangerous Are Cockroaches In Munford?
Cockroaches are known as unsanitary scavengers that enter Munford homes in search of water and food. While cockroaches might appear intimidating, that’s not even the worst part. They are linked with countless health risks, some of which include gastrointestinal distress, diarrhea, E. coli infections, and salmonellosis. They’re able to spread these risks through their saliva, body parts, and feces. Sometimes people encounter these issues by simply making physical contact with cockroach skin, while other times, they’ve unknowingly ingested contaminated food or beverages. In addition to these illnesses, cockroaches are associated with asthma attacks and allergies through their byproducts as well. Some people have even reported an increase in anxiety that stems from the negative connotations associated with having a cockroach infestation.
What makes cockroaches even more dangerous is how difficult they are to eliminate. Because of their nocturnal habits, ability to live for long periods of time without food, and rapid reproductive schedules, cockroaches can withstand many attempts to get rid of them. For more information on cockroach prevention and control, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
What Munford Residents Need To Know About The Dangers Of Fleas
Perhaps the biggest target for fleas in Munford is household pets. Fleas find cats and dogs to be one of the most effective hosts primarily because they can access the blood that they need to survive. Fleas can also usually feed uninterrupted because pets are usually furry. When a flea feeds off of a pet, it can actually cause severe anemia. Their bites can also be very itchy, which can cause scratching and secondary skin infections. But above everything else, fleas are parasites that have the ability to spread harmful pathogens while they’re feeding off of pets. Some of the health risks that they’re affiliated with include bartonellosis, cat scratch disease, and tapeworm. Because fleas are so small, their outbreaks are often hard to detect, allowing these pests to grow an infestation.
While fleas are usually less interested in feeding off of people, they will still try. During this process, they can also spread flea-borne typhus to people and leave behind more bites that lead to scratching and skin infections. For more information on flea control, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
Keeping Mosquitoes Out Of Munford Homes And Yards
Each year, mosquitoes become an issue for local residents. While these pests might seem like just a seasonal nuisance, they actually have the ability to be far more dangerous than they appear. Mosquitoes in the area have been linked with health issues like West Nile virus for people and heartworm for dogs.
At Mid South Pest & Termite, we provide high-quality mosquito treatments in Munford for customers between March and October. Our company has been in operation since 1964 and during that time, we have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to our community’s safety. We opt for eco-friendly and green products whenever possible and all of our services come with a pest-free promise.
To start, we provide customers with a transparent quote over the phone so there are no surprises. And when we arrive on a property, we come ready to treat it. We’ve developed a new treatment that delivers even better results than our previous one! Our technicians use a backpack misting machine to address areas where adult mosquitoes hide as well as breeding sites. We provide these services on a monthly basis during mosquito season. In addition to our ongoing mosquito services, we also offer customers the option of one-time treatments that are ideal for outdoor gatherings and special occasions. For more information on our Munford mosquito control offerings, please call us today.
Six Easy & Effective Rodent-Prevention Tips For Munford Properties
Rodents can be a persistent problem for Munford residents; however, these six easy tips should help to keep them away:
- Look for openings. To keep rodents outside, fill any foundational crack that’s at least the size of a dime with caulk, steel wool, or liquid foam.
- Fix water issues. One very attractive feature for rodents is moisture, whether that comes in the form of leaks or humidity. Make sure that pipes and faucets are functioning properly and install a dehumidifier in closets or basements that need them.
- Clean up, clean up. Rodents rely on people for food, and they’re able to find it very easily. To eliminate most food sources, it’s crucial to sweep up all crumbs, be cognizant of trash, and disinfect floors and surfaces routinely.
- Store food securely. In addition to eliminating food scraps, it’s equally as important to keep snacks in sealed containers and avoid using original packaging.
- Take landscaping seriously. Rodents like rats and squirrels are both adept climbers and they’ll use overhanging trees and hedges to enter homes undetected. Be sure to trim back any greenery that might come into contact with your home.
- Work with a pro. Whether homeowners are looking to avoid or eliminate a rodent problem, there’s nothing more reliable than rodent prevention in Munford from a local pest expert.
For more information on rodent control, call Mid South Pest & Termite today.
“Mid South Pest is a company you can depend on to deliver reliable service-the technicians are always willing to answer any questions you might have.”Amanda
“He was genuine and dedicated to doing a good job. I really appreciated his fine service.”Wilma S.
“They are extremely knowledgeable and listen to our concerns. I always feel like everything has been addressed and taken care of when they are.”James
“It has been my pleasure to work with Mid-South Pest and Termite Company from setting up an appointment to the actual pest and termite home service.”Robin C.
“Very professional and great knowledge of product used.”Vince
“He took the time to tell me what he was going to do and then what he did”Rebecca
What Sets Mid South Pest & Termite Apart?
We Treat for a Wide Range of Common Memphis Area Pests
We Pride Ourselves on Being Environmentally-Friendly and Use Green Pest Control Products Whenever Possible
We Service an Extensive Area, Including Parts of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas
We Provide Both Residential Pest Control and Commercial Pest Control Solutions
We Offer Free Pest Control Inspections and a Pest-Free Guarantee
We’ve Been Working in the Pest Control Industry for Over 55 Years